And not the zombie kind from Walking Dead! Bennett started walking last week. It was so crazy!!! He had started taking a few steps here and there the last few weeks. Then on Wednesday (the 7th for my journaling efforts) we were watching a Sesame Street episode (which I just found out he likes) and I was sitting next to him hanging up laundry. I turned and looked at him and he had his little arms out and was walking towards the tv. I didn't say anything because I didn't want him to get distracted or stop. I thought maybe it was just a fluke because he took 4 or 5 steps and then sat down. But then he did it over and over until he was walking almost all the way from the couch to the entertainment center! I couldn't contain my excitement any longer and was letting out my proud mama cheers! Once
I started cheering him on, he got the biggest smile on his little face and he kept walking further and further. YAY! Now, he is a little walking machine. He can walk holding things, even drinking from his sippy cup while he walks. On another note, he is a bottle free boy. The night after he walked I decided to chuck them all since he only was drinking one in the mornings when he wakes up but he hasn't been drinking the whole thing because he prefers his sippy cups more. He is growing up so fast!!!! He is officially 14 months now, going on 16!
2 comments:
Yay Bennett! It is so fun to see them progress, your heart swells with mommy pride and then it breaks just a little as you are hit with the reality of them growing up. Sniff, sniff.
Way to go little man!
Post a Comment