Monday, June 7, 2010

Acceptance

Well, good news travels fast but if you haven't already heard, we are elated to announce that Josh has been accepted to the Midwestern College of Osteopathic Medicine in Glendale, AZ for this upcoming school year. So I decided to do two authors to this post because I think that Josh should record all of his thoughts and feelings before he forgets them. Exciting to have him write on here for once, eh?
Josh's Thoughts-
Holy Freaking Cow!!!!! I am so excited! So about a week and a half ago I found out that I was put on the alternate list at Midwestern. Elise and I were making plans to move out to Queen Creek, since she has a job out there. I even started getting applications ready again to re-apply for next year. I decided to volunteer at Phoenix Children's Hospital so my application would look better, and today I was in a day long training for that. At about 10:30 I got a voicemail from Midwestern telling me to give them a call! I tried calling back but they didn't answer, and my break was over. So I had to sit through an hour and a half of training, wondering why they wanted to talk to me! It was a long wait! So at 12 when we took a break for lunch, I gave them a call again. This time they answered and told me I was accepted and offered me a spot for this August! He said orientation is Aug 3 and classes start the week after! He told me to get online and get started on the matriculation process. So if I thought the hour and a half wait was long, the rest of the day completely dragged by!
I called Elise right after I got off the phone with them. The conversation went like this:
Me: "Guess what?!"
Elise: "You are done with training and coming home already?!"
Me: "Nope, guess again!"
Elise:"I have no idea."
Me: "Midwestern just called and I'm accepted!"
Elise: "No Way!!!"
Me: "Yes!"
Elise: "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"
So yeah, after training (which went till 5) I came home, called my parents, and sent an email to the rest of my family to let them know. Then every 5 minutes or so I would say something like, "I can't believe it" or "I'm so excited" or "I'm so happy" or "What have I gotten myself into?" Then Elise and I talked about where we should live, and where she should work, and when should I quit working at the bank, and on and on! But it so awesome to try and figure out! I'm going to medical school! I'm going to be a doctor! I'm really going to do it!

Can you tell he is way excited? Yeah, just a little bit. Wahoo!!!!-Elise



Elise's Thoughts-
After Josh called me, my mind was racing a mile a minute. Now we need to start looking in other areas to move and I need to look at other school districts that will be closer to the area around the medical school. So, I started my applications to the Glendale and Peoria school districts. After I talked to Josh, I called all of my family and a few close friends and then I called my principal to let her know what was going on. She was very supportive and encouraging. I am so excited about all that we have to decided and know that Heavenly Father will continue to bless us to know what to do and where to look for opportunities. So many prayers from our family and friends as well as our many prayers have been answered today! We are so lucky to have been able to get accepted on our first round of applying. We continue to pray for all of our friends who are still waiting to hear back from the schools they have applied to. We are so grateful and happy! YAY!!!!!!

P.S. Of course we went out to celebrate at Cheesecake Factory. Yum!!!!

2 comments:

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

So excited for you guys! So exciting! Good luck with finding a new house and new job. Thats the stressful part but at least you'll still be close to family. Congrats again!

Stephanie said...

Yeah for the Eberhards! Congrats! That's so exciting to be taking that next big step!