T. Scott Hammond
November 5, 1952-July 22, 2012
My biological dad fought a good fight with lymphocytic leukemia over the last couple of years and last week, Heavenly Father took him back to heaven. So grateful he is no longer in pain and that we will see him again. I have had alot of conflicting feelings especially since we only recently reconnected. I am so glad we did get to know each other a little better and for all of his awesome family that I can now call my own family. They are amazing people and because of him I get to have them in my life. I was planning to go visit him and meet his other children Carli (13) and Riley (9) on Sunday afternoon but early Sunday morning he passed away. I decided to go out to Nebraska anyway and had to put on my big girl panties and go be brave meeting new people and traveling on my own as well as handling the emotions of planning the funeral and saying goodbye to Scott.
Here I am with Carli, Riley and our cousin Benny
Uncle Erik and his son Benny-Thank you for being there with Scott in the hospital and for taking care of so much after he passed away. You are awesome!
Benny, Carli and Riley
The night of the viewing, the family got together to meet with the Pastor who was directing the funeral services and we all shared memories and stories about Scott.
Carli, Me & Caitlin
The day of the funeral Carli, Riley and I wore Cornhusker Tshirts because Scott was wearing one in the casket and he will be cremated in one. He was a big fan, so we did it in honor of him.
Carli & I
Riley, Carli & I
The Family after the services-the funeral was very nice and personal, intimate with just family and highlights included a letter read by Aunt Diane written by Uncle Greg, a card read by Jay written by Aunt Chris and a wonderful slideshow that had us all in tears that was made by Aunt Callee. We also listened to recordings of Scott's own music. It was sweet to hear his voice.
All the cousins-except Kevin who I haven't met yet
Lovely Lady Cousins
Aunts and Uncles
So glad I could be there will all of you to celebrate Scott's life. We will miss him lots.

1 comment:
So sorry Elise. I am happy though that you were able to reconnect with Scott and start building relationships with your family through him.
Post a Comment